Longview AC Repair
Reliable Air Conditioning Repairs in Southwest Washington
Rawhide Electric Services has over 40 years of industry experience, and our team has the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to quickly and accurately identify problems and offer lasting solutions. If your air conditioner is blowing warm air, you can count on our team to not only fix the issue, but to help prevent future breakdowns from taking place as well. If you need AC repair in Longview or the surrounding areas in Southwest Washington, count on the team at Rawhide Electric Services.
Is your air conditioner blowing warm air? Call (360) 382-1180 now.
When It’s Time to Call for AC Repair
If your home cooling system is not working as efficiently as it used to, or your energy bills keep going up even though you’re not using your AC system more frequently, it may be time to call for a Longview AC repair. Unusual noises or strange smells are also a strong sign that something is wrong with your air conditioner.
Common signs your air conditioner needs to be repaired:
- Lack of cool air
- Water pooling on or near unit
- Sudden spike in utility bill
- AC is taking longer to cool your home
- AC won't turn on
- Strange noises or smells
If you notice any of the above, our team of NATE-certified technicians will not only correct any damage to your system, but may be able to locate air leaks creating hot or cold spots in your home as well. We will always try to repair the issue first, but sometimes replacement ends up being a more economical option. We will guide you to make the best decision for the needs of your family and your budget.
Common Causes of AC Problems
In the middle of July, when the summer temperatures are at their highest, the last thing you want is for your AC to stop blowing cool air. However, it's important to remember that your air conditioner is made up of many individual parts and components, all of which are capable of wear and tear. Therefore, breakdowns can and will eventually happen.
Some of the most common reasons why your AC isn't blowing cool air include:
- Your unit is undersized: When you have your air conditioner installed, it's important to ensure that it is the proper size for your property and cooling needs. Undersized units will have to work harder to keep up with cooling demands, thus making it run for long periods of time as it struggles to keep up with your desired temperature settings.
- You have a refrigerant leak: As refrigerant runs through your indoor and outdoor coils, it draws heat and humidity from your indoor air and releases it outdoors. Therefore, it's a crucial component of your AC system. When you have a refrigerant leak, it can cause your system to run for longer periods of time, and even damage the compressor, causing a complete system shutdown.
- Your evaporator coil is frozen: The evaporator coil is a crucial part of the indoor components of your AC unit. It is responsible for removing heat and humidity from warm air that passes through it and releasing the cooler air into your home. However, if you're noticing that your energy bills are higher or your AC is no longer cooling your home, it could be that you have a frozen evaporator coil.
- You have a blocked condenser coil: A central air conditioner has an outdoor component called a condenser coil. In a properly functioning unit, the condenser fan pulls air into your outdoor unit where it passes through the condenser coil to remove heat from your home. However, because it's located outside, it's easy for dirt, grass, and other debris to accumulate and create a blockage. This can result in reduced energy efficiency, no cool air, or a complete system shutdown if the blockage is severe enough.
- A dirty air filter: Your air filter is responsible for trapping airborne particles and contaminant to allow for cleaner air and a more efficient airflow. However, if your air filter is dirty, it blocks air flow, which reduces the cool air that circulates through your home.
What Does a Longview AC Repair Service Entail?
With modern AC repairs, we may be able to do more than just correct damage to your system. Our technicians take a comprehensive approach, focused on improving overall energy efficiency and performance, reducing the chance of future issues, and even lowering your monthly cooling costs.
When you call the professionals at Rawhide Electric Services for Longview AC repair, we will:
- Examine the air filters to make sure they are not dirty or clogged
- Inspect and clean the evaporator coil
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Look for problems with the air handler
- Test the electrical components
Why Call Rawhide Electric Services for AC Repair?
At Rawhide Electric Services, we believe everyone should be able to afford quality AC work, which is why we offer affordable financing options. All our employees receive continuing education, training, and development, so you know every service you receive is top-notch.